Thursday, November 22, 2007

There and Back Again

T is for Turkey, the 18 pound turkey that sacrificed its life for our dinner.
H is for Hot handles on the pot of sprouts that Kevin burned himself on today.
A is for A huge bottle of 18 year Kentucky bourbon, which we are drinking.
N is for No fighting on Thanksgiving...
K is for Kentucky CAP volunteers, who I am thankful for.
S is for Sleeping in so as to conserve energy for consuming food.
G is for Giving a thrashing in Risk and the Turkey Bowl football game with the cousins.
I is for the Indian run to the football field to keep warm.
V is for Vanquishing an entire pumpkin pie by yourself.
I is for Intermission between my 3 plates of food.
N is for Not planning on fitting into my pants tomorrow due to the food baby in my stomach.
G is for Gaining weight, going home, and getting to see those I love.

I am thankful for my family, for the wonderful friends I have, both new and old, for all the volunteers I serve with and live with, for all the people who allow us to serve them and who share their lives with us, for food, for pie, for the Bears defense, for tradition, for G. K. Chesterton, for tables with friends around, for whirly ball, for St. John's, for Amanda, for all the people and places I have been, for all I know who have made my life what it is. Thanks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Thanks for people who return their rental cars in good condition...o wait thats right you didn't do that.

Courtney